Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dream World

Some quotes I came across and like:

“I think psychedelics play a major part in what we do, but having said that, I feel that if somebody's going to experiment with those things they really need to educate themselves about them. People just taking the chemicals and diving in without having any kind of preparation about what they're about to experience tend to have no frame of reference, so they're missing everything flying by and all these new perspectives. It's just a waste. They reach a little bit of spiritual enlightenment, but they end up going, 'Well, now I need that drug to get back there again.' The trick is to use the drugs once to get there, and maybe spend the next ten years trying to get back there without the drug.”
-James Maynard Keenan

“See I think drugs have done some good things for us, I really do, and if you don't believe drugs have done good things for us, do me a favor: go home tonight and take all your albums, all your tapes, and all your cds and burn 'em. 'Cause you know the musicians who made all that great music that's enhanced your lives throughout the years.... rrrrrrrrreal fuckin high on drugs.”
-Bill Hicks

"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
-Edgar Allan Poe

No comments:

Post a Comment