Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Peace

To reflect back on this past school year means to think about a period of the most happiness and most adversity I've faced at UCI thus far. I feel like my life has just been floating on a bubble for awhile. I was happy there, floating along. But in the past week, I have put in my two week's notice at a job I worked at for almost five years and have deactivated from a sorority that I was involved in for three. I also realized how happy it makes me that my ex-boyfriend went to and brought a date (I think) to his fraternity's formal this past weekend. A year ago, the thought of those three things would have shoved me into a mental abyss. Now, I feel free, not lost. My "path" may be as blank as it was when I started college, but it's fresher than ever.

I had a dream last night that I was floating. But rather than floating on a bubble like I used to feel, I was traveling with the winds. Not flying, but letting the breeze take my body wherever it sailed. I can still feel the butterflies it gave me as I was sleeping. Sometimes I feel like dreams are just allegories, metaphors, symbols to describe what we really are inside.

"Don't underestimate the value of doing nothing, of just going along, listening to all the things you can't hear, and not bothering."
-A.A. Milne

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery; none but ourselves can free our minds."
-Bob Marley

"Learning to let go should be learned before learning to get. Life should be touched, not strangled. You’ve got to relax, let it happen at times, and at others move forward with it."
-Ray Bradbury
(this quote stolen from Arda's Facebook)

1 comment: