Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Lucid Dreams

I was talking to one of my friends just now about dreams and she told me about something called lucid dreaming. Basically, you know how when your dreaming, you're usually just kind of there and all of these things are happening around you/to you, but you are not an active participant and can't control them? In a lucid dream, you can control the entire thing. Can you imagine?! Living in a world where you can control your whole life, the surroundings, etc. And I also think it's weird that when we wake up, we forget our dreams almost immediately. It's like we're not supposed to know that another world exists.
My friend and I briefly talked about how to get to that point where you can control your dreams and she said that if you poke your hand repeatedly through out the day over and over again, many times in a row, then you'll do that in your dream and realize that you did that in our world and realize you're in a dream and can do anything. I'm going to do more research but just the thought of this makes me extremely eager and excited for some reason. I've always loved dreams and this makes me love them sooo much more ahhhhhhh does this even make sense?

1 comment:

  1. hahaha...was this D.Phuong?? Because this has been in the center of the conversation between me, ramon, and her for the past few days! haha

    its crazy huh? I can only semi-lucid dream...hopefully someday

    ReplyDelete