Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Crossroads

Imagine you are a part of something that you once loved, but no longer see the beauty or purpose in. That either the good has been washed away from it, or that your eyes are more clear now and you see the negativity and bad that you were naive to before. What would you do? Would you quit? Would you pull through until it was over? What if you had a choice and you could walk away from it forever? What if walking away meant losing friends and hurting a lot of people? What if walking away had equal potential of being one of the worst or best decisions you have ever made?

Would you do it?

1 comment:

  1. This is funny because I was in the latter scenario (the one where I began to see the bad qualities of an organization I was part of)last year. To be honest, I tried as hard as a I could to tolerate the negative qualities and pull through. Ultimately, I realized I would be lying to myself if tried to tolerate the problems within this organization and decided to walk away from it.

    To this day I don't know if my decision to leave was the right one or the wrong one, but if there is one thing I learned from that experience is to always try and look forward. I know it's hard to not look back, but I feel like regretting decisions would only slow me down as continue to move forward.

    So in a nutshell, I would leave if I have tried everything I could to ease whatever was troubling me.

    P.s. Good Post!

    ReplyDelete