Sunday, March 7, 2010

Splish Splash

One of my bosses is a woman named Saba. She is very proper, very timely, very organized, and always has a fixed expression that makes her seem much older than her twenty-something age. I feel slightly tense whenever I talk to her. I try to make little jokes or act awkward around her at an attempt to get her to laugh, to allow me to see a little glimpse into her heart before she covers it back up with her task-oriented walls and business-like demeanor. But, today as I was driving through the rainy streets, I remembered something she had once told me -- that she loves accelerating and flying through puddles. I can recall when she mentioned that to me, it caught me off guard. Here was a woman who at times seemed almost robotic, but for a few seconds I saw the wilderness in her -- her hunger for excitement. I don't know why I bothered posting this, but it was one of those times where I had built up a vision of who someone is and then another variable lurks into the equation, only for a second, and changes my entire perspective. I sometimes imagine her approaching a puddle of water and, with a half smirk on her face, shoving her foot on the pedal and quickly breathing in a little bit of ecstasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment